Johanna Faust, a mixed race Jew, prefers to publish pseudonymously. She is committed: first, to preventing war, ecological disaster, and nuclear apocalypse; last to not only fighting for personal privacy & the freedom of information, but, by representing herself as a soldier in that fight, to exhorting others to do the same. She is a poet, always. All these efforts find representation here: "ah, Mephistophelis" is so named after the last line of Christopher Marlowe's Dr. Faustus, whose heretical success flouted the censor for a time.

Letter To Twitter regarding my account



Note: 

For added convenience this letter comes in two versions. 

Click or tap here for the short version 

and here for the long version.


Short version:


I think Twitter has flagged this tweet in error.


I hope my appeal serves to demonstrate that I am not only careful, not only conscientious, but in fact correct, in that I am describing a personal experience, and honorable, given that my tweet did not violate Twitter’s rules because it did not spread false or misleading information about COVID-19.  This event, though unfortunate, was nonetheless understandable, given the circumstances. Even algorithms made with the best of intentions are not infallible.  


Please review your decision. Perhaps I can alter that tweet so that the language more clearly conforms to principles I know we both share? I am certainly open to this.  If as it turns out you still need me to alter or delete that tweet, well, I still want my Twitter account back, and I will alter or delete that tweet.  



Long version:


I am not promulgating false information.  I understand that access to accurate information during these trying Georgia — indeed at all Georgia — is vital, particularly when it comes to health, and I appreciate your continuing efforts in this regard.  


Thank you for giving me the ability to clarify.  It is reassuring to know, in a world where so much workload is lessened algorithmically, that there are reasonable individuals making final decisions.


I think Twitter has flagged this tweet in error.


Using rosewater and massaging my eustachian tubes immediately lessened the tinnitus I experienced within a few hours of my first dose of the Moderna vaccine against COVID-19.


Rosewater is an extremely gentle and non toxic remedy, and is known to help with ear problems (among other things). I did not invent this way to use it.  I have used it before in this regard.  


I was extremely careful in the blog post to which my tweet refers to state clearly, in a red colored font even, that I am not a Doctor or certified herbalist, that this is therefore not medical advice, that I want people to consider things for themselves, I want them to do their own research, I want them to come to their own conclusions.  


There are many people out there who have reported  this side effect;  given their descriptions of their experiences, such information may prove useful indeed.  I wanted my experience to be of possible utility to them; if rosewater does not help them, however, it will do no harm. They are where they would have been without it.


Tinnitus, it should be noted, although it is annoying, is not life threatening.  No one would be refusing life saving care by trying this remedy.  Quite to the contrary, many people report having been offered nothing in the way of options by traditional Western medicine.


I resent the implication by my being banned that my true account of my own experience is being compared to the many actually false, misleading, and hypothetical statements tweeted by the last president throughout the pandemic, and retweeted by his followers (in government or out) still, some of whom were falsely claiming or implying credentials they do not own.  This is something I was, and am, and want to be, careful not to do.


I also tried as much as possible to not position my blog post politically, although I had to tell people to please wear their masks. Wearing a mask is not political, but I think not wearing one may very well be.


I am not selling anything, and my blog is non-commercial, meaning it carries no advertisements or plugs of any sort.  Nor do I use Twitter commercially.  My tweets and posts do not lead to spam or malware or phishing attempts.  (If they do I need to know, it means my work has been compromised.)


 I do not think any of the above statements should be considered false or misleading, because they are not.


The tweet in question refers to a post which merely details my own personal experience.  I went back and looked at it after I was blocked, to make sure it was not out of line, and I saw that the title was capable of being misinterpreted, so I changed it from  “Possibly Effective Home Remedy for Tinnitus Induced Or Worsened By Coronavirus Vaccine” to “The Tinnitus I Experienced After My First Dose Of Coronavirus Vaccine Disappeared After I Used This Home Remedy.”  The remedy was indeed effective for me, but I wanted to be sure.  I do not have access to the tweet in question, but as I recall I said there that this remedy worked for me, and I wanted my experience to inform others.


This is, I thought, one of the many uses to which social media is best put. (I am curious about one thing: Why not just put a disclaimer on it, like you did on all the unbelievably egregious tweets tweeted out by the last administration and retweeted by its followers?).


I do try to reach out to people opposite me (roughly) on the political spectrum, to try to heal the divide in this country.  On Twitter I am a force for peace, and calm, and civility, and an end to name calling or baiting, entrapment or trolling.  I invite you to consider my tweets: they will bear this out.  I will let them speak to my character.


I hope my appeal served to demonstrate that I am not only careful, not only conscientious, but in fact correct, in that I am describing a personal experience, and honorable, given that my tweet did not violate Twitter’s rules by spreading false or misleading information about COVID-19.  This event, though unfortunate, was nonetheless understandable, given the circumstances. Even algorithms made with the best of intentions are not infallible.  


Please review your decision. Perhaps I can alter that tweet so that the language more clearly conforms to principles I know we both share? I am certainly open to this.  If as it turns out you still need me to alter or delete that tweet, well, I still want my Twitter account back, and I will alter or delete that tweet.  



Very Sincerely,

@femalefaust.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment