Posts Good Enough For My Godmother
• Is Fukushima An America Syndrome?
• 2010 DHS Wish List : Watch Out
• "'Link in Your Mind' Cyberattacks and Fukushima"
• Big Turd May Prove To Be From Recent Godzilla Rampage
• About That Slag Melting Through The Rubble At Fukushima
• My Response to Wikileaks 'collateral murder'
• Google I love you, but...
• Is BP Alone in Enforcing European Jet-Fuel Sanctions Against Iran?
• Familiar (Self) Interpellallation | a video interlude
• And Vat Grown Meat,Its Hour Come Round At Last, Is Slouching Towards Grocery StoresTo Be Sold
• London: The historical Moment: Darcus Howe: tells it like it is
• Signs of Radiation Sickness: Experiences Since March 11 in California
• Tepco & Co: Some People's Children
• Stuxnet and Fukushima Daiichi: Questions, Analysis and ...More Questions
• Not A 'Scientific Report,' A 'Communications Product'!
• The title isn't "BP Killed Lisa Nelson" (because then I'd have to add "allegedly")
• DIGITAL TV IS A TWO-WAY TECH
• Was the US Gov't In Cahoots With BP All Along?
• What Abusive Naked Short Selling ?
• Main Street Oakland Is Becoming A Ghosttown
• Gulf Birds May Have Heavy Metal Poisoning
• The CIA Kids Movie
• RETRACTION: Monsanto DID NOT buy Blackwater/Xe. They merely rented it.
• URGENT MESSAGE FOR GULF COAST RESIDENTS
• Dear Big Bad Banker Who Wrote The Scary Email: Don't Worry...
• Wikileaks Video & Soldier's Letter: UPDATE (Iraqis Respond!)
• NOT TO BE MISSED: Senator Scolds Smirking Sachs CFO
• Dealing With Formaldehyde, or, So You Got Stuck With A Toxic Trailer
& Say We Did
histats code 1959646
The man's patience in the face of such baldfaced paternalism, such blatant editorializing on the part of a "presenter" is admirable. She interrupts and speaks over the experience, the indisputable testimony and wisdom he has to offer. Actually, this video offers quite a distilled demonstration of the disregard and contempt the system has for the rioting populations, a perfect affirmation of Mr. Howe's points. Supposedly seeking his particular perspective, she (indeed the BBC and the media as a whole) betrays their sickening dissimulation and agenda. She bluntly sets up the terms (1) attempting to enforce explicit criminalising talking points then (2) interrupts him when he speaks to the incendiary presence and orders of the police then worst of all (3) attempts to marginalize him completely with accusation and negate the lives and voice of he and his grandson directly when he contradicts the system's party line.I have a feeling that he is used to such ugly behaviour though... the way he knows to surrender the floor after he tries and tries again to speak ... the way he turns aside, looking away and to the street waiting for this moment of toleration to be over, this instance of yet another white idiot denying the world, denying him."I call it an insurrection of the masses of the people."werd. we hear you, Marcus.
1. Labour creates all wealth.2. #1 is incomplete - all rides on Mother Earth.3. This class war has been constant - one side is just waking up once again.4. The system's fate is not our fate. Our future is unwritten ~ Crisis/Possibility - two faces of the same moment....all power to the people
Leave it to Darcus to speak the plain truth.
my comment is not served by this format (comments) and -- merely because i can mind you -- i think i will take a moment to amend the design to reflect it.
oh and anonymous: i sit up and resoundingly applaud your exegesis! thank you for your virtual guest post! the control freak in me being unchallenged, i am thoroughly charmed. Of course, this is because I agree,
ad hominem remarks such as "Darcus Howe is a senile old fool" add absolutely nothing to the conversation, being devoid of any meaning other than 'isn't it surprising how well button pushing works with humans, even if the buttons have long since ceased to actually connect to either a power source or an electronic, virtual, mechanical or even symbolic mechanism.' which is to say, o deleted nameless example of human inability to properly exercise their divinely bequeathed executive function, let us hope that, time having brought you and i and this sometime sad world to many many varied experiences the delineations of which we have not now the wit to discern, you do not, as is coincidentally most unlike the example set above by mr howe, find years of being mildly evil in so quotidian a fashion have left you without the wit to see your past mistakes for what they truly were all along . for all that they were all along: insults to yourself.
Post a Comment