Johanna Faust, a mixed race Jew, prefers to publish pseudonymously. She is committed: first, to preventing war, ecological disaster, and nuclear apocalypse; last to not only fighting for personal privacy & the freedom of information, but, by representing herself as a soldier in that fight, to exhorting others to do the same. She is a poet, always. All these efforts find representation here: "ah, Mephistophelis" is so named after the last line of Christopher Marlowe's Dr. Faustus, whose heretical success flouted the censor for a time.

The title isn't "BP Killed Lisa Nelson"
(because then I'd have to add "allegedly")




Lisa Nelson is Dead.  BP Almost Fully Recovered. How could anyone not think it should be the other way around? 


When she first got sick in September -- after taking a walk along a Gulf Coast beach -- Jerry Cope uploaded this video no doubt as much or more to warn others as to obtain help:




  Dire consequences were possible -- continue to be possible -- from even walking along the beach, from such seemingly innocuous exposures to the Gulf Coast after BP fucked it (excuse me, but I don't feel like revising). 


A very short time later, someone left an anonymous tip at the FOSL forum with urgent health info for her -- very urgent: 


Lisa you are in Superior Vena Caval Obstruction.Please go to the nearest teaching or large hospital and tell them that you need a CT scan of your chest.Time is of the essence.The 'bruising' over your chest is due to obstruction of the Azygos veins.You need emergent care.God speed....


Knowing that there was no guarantee she would get it, and having no reason to trust that her doctors knew enough of such a rare ailment, I called every Lisa Nelson I could find in Alabama, I followed every link, and eventually I was leaving a message on her cell phone.  When she wrote back  "Thank you for the info  at Dr  now," I cried from joy and relief.  A week later I checked up on her.  She texted me back:







Thank you  so very  much      its  serious,  but i  can  do  it      esp  with  encouragement from angels like you.


Humbled by the comparison, I wrote this poem to her -- 


I hope she read it.


I found out today that she passed.  


I've been crying; I didn't even know her, so I suppose I am crying for myself, for all us.  


God help us.























"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered.

I am not a number.

I am a free man.

My life is my own."

-- The Prisoner












































My get well soon poem to Lisa is here

4 comments:

  1. While I believe there is a connection between Lisa's death and the oil spill it is based upon circumstantial rather than hard evidence. Is there to your knowledge any empirical, undeniable evidence?

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike: I'm sorry, but this "hard evidence" crap is exactly what the chemical industry relies on to keep perpetuating this state of affairs, where people in the thousands are succumbing to chemical injuries. People are sent to prison with circumstantial evidence and it's time for "skeptics" to wake up or shut up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the lychings will begin soon, first the ones that need hard evidence, preferably, they are guilty by denial.

    ReplyDelete